Top 5 Energy Efficient Furnace To Buy In Canada
When it comes to furnaces and heating equipment, “efficiency” refers to how easily they can convert heating energy from a fuel source into warm, comfortable heat for your home in Canada.
Every individual need is different, so how can the need for the furnace be the same? Some looks for a budget furnace to save money, some for a warranty period, some with average installation cost, and some with energy efficiency ratings.
With plenty of options available in the market, it becomes a hefty task to choose the best Energy efficient furnace that matches the need of the family.
How to know if your furnace is Energy efficient?
Having an energy-efficient furnace for your home is the priority of any person who is looking for a new furnace.
The energy efficiency of any furnace is written in percentages such as 80% AFUE, 90% AFUE, etc.
But what exactly does it mean?
AFUE here is Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency i.e., 90% AFUE means for every 100 BTUs of natural gas, 90 BTUs of heat goes into your home and 10 BTUs get wasted in the exhaust.
This means the higher the percentage of AFUE, the higher will be the efficiency of the furnace.
Top 5 Energy Efficient Furnace To Buy In Canada
1. Lennox SLP98V Gas Furnace (SmileHVAC Pick)
Lennox is a leading brand to provide the best energy efficient furnaces. SLP98V is one of the most popular choice furnaces in the market. With Precise comfort technology that allows you to maintain the heat evenly in your home at your convenience.
- Energy Efficiency – 98.7% AFUE. It means out of 100 BTUs of natural gas; 98.7 BTUs of heat go into your home and only 1.3 BTUs go out of the vent. So, compared to any other standard furnace it helps you in saving your money by bringing down you’re your utility cost which makes it a good furnace to save money.
- Warranty – 10 years on covered parts with a limited lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger.
- Compatibility – Air filter and humidifier compatible.
- SilentComfort Technology – It comes with a fully insulated cabin that makes it quieter than any other competitive model. Even while running at its full capacity, it is among the quietest furnace present in the market.
- icomfort Wi-Fi Thermostat – It has an innovative command center that allows you to schedule your temperature in advance and can be accessed from any part of the world through a smartphone or laptop.
- iharmony Zoning system – It allows you to control the heating or cooling of different rooms as per your requirement. It helps in customizing the heating of different rooms as per comfort and utilization, thus helping in saving energy.
- Saving over a standard Furnace – 21% – 23%
2. Carrier Infinity 98 Gas Furnace
Carrier uses Greenspeed intelligence in its Infinity 98 Gas furnace for ideal comfort and energy savings. With ideal humidity system technology, SmartEvap technology, and ComfortFan technology it is one of the most energy efficient furnaces available in the market. It is among the most advanced furnace made by the company. The unit has an Infinity control intelligence which sets the modulating gas valve output per the home’s needs. It comes with a fully insulated cabinet with advanced temperature control and an air filter cabinet.
- Energy Efficiency – 98.5% AFUE.
- Warranty – Upon timely registration 10 years of a limited warranty on parts.
- Blower Motor type – For ultra-quiet operations and ultimate comfort it has constant airflow ECM blower motor with variable speed.
- Comfort heat technology – Improves the efficiency of the furnace by smartly controlling the heating cycle and reducing temperature swings.
- Saving over a standard Furnace – 20% – 22%.
3. Bryant Evolution 987M Gas Furnace
This Furnace uses precise gas modulation that helps in delivering the right amount of heat with great energy efficiency. It also adjusts its system operations to changing weather with the help of perfect heat technology.
- Energy Efficiency – 98.3% AFUE.
- Warranty – Upon timely registration 10 years limited warranty on parts and a lifetime limited warranty on the heat exchanger.
- Conveniences – It has an external filter cabinet that makes it convenient in changing the filter easily. Also, it has dirty filter detection and maintenance reminders with evolution control.
- Saving over a standard Furnace – 20% – 22%
4. Rheem Prestige R98V
This is one of the most energy efficient furnaces with variable capacity manufactured by Rheem. This furnace is a Wifi enabled furnace and is compatible with the Rheem EcoNet thermostat. In fact, the brand Rudd is identical to this brand and its furnace EcoNet Ultra U98V is the same as this furnace just with a different name. This furnace offers quiet operations and reliable services.
- Energy Efficiency – 98%
- Warranty – 10 years warranty on parts and lifetime replacement warranty for the furnace in case of failure of heat exchange.
- Saving over a standard Furnace – 20%-21%
5. Goodman GMVM97
This furnace is best suitable for those homeowners who need an energy efficient furnace without spending extra bucks for features like communicating technology and modulating burners. These features help in increasing its heat production along with cost-effectiveness.
- Energy efficiency – 98%
- Warranty – the 10-year unit replacement and parts warranty. Lifetime warranty for heat exchanger.
- Motor Type – ECM blower motor with variable speed that helps in improving air quality and temperature consistency at your home.
- Saving over a standard furnace – 20%-21%.