Is it boiling hot outside and your AC has decided to stop cooling or altogether, break down? Not good timing. But maybe a good reason to leave the house and hit the beach?
However, that still wouldn’t repair the AC that’s broken at home. So right about now, you must be searching for an AC repair services company that understands the problem as well as your AC unit.
That’s why we here at SmileHVAC like to work with you to help you repair and restore your AC back to proper functioning.
Signs that Show Your AC Needs Repairs
The different types of problems that can usually occur for an AC repair are:
- Refrigerant Leak – This is the most common type of fault that occurs in mostly all AC units. A refrigerant essentially releases heat from the air to cool it. This is usually done during installation but if you see the cooling not being as strong as in the beginning then it is probably a leak that is occurring. However, simply adding refrigerant may not necessarily fix the problem. Our technicians ensure that we fix any leak, test the AC unit and then charge the unit with the right amount of refrigerant that’s required. This is important because overcharging or undercharging can lead to other problems; which is why it’s integral to match the manufacturer’s specification.
- Compressor Fan Repair – If you feel that the air coming through your AC is room temperature, it could also be because the compressor’s fan isn’t working properly. A broken fan can also cause the unit to overheat, which would automatically shut off the system due to its safety control features. In many cases the overheating can cause damage to the compressor, in which case you could possibly need a compressor replacement. Other common problems would be the fan’s belts, moto problems and loose blades.
- Frozen Condenser Coils – If your AC unit has poor airflow that could cause it to form ice around the coils. Usually blocked air ducts or air filters that are dirty are possible causes for icy coils. So it’s important to understand what is causing the obstruction to the airflow, unfreeze the coils and have your AC unit working at the optimal level.
- Drainage Issues – The condensate drain can be clogged in some cases when it’s humid outside. Usually this means that there’s too much moisture in your air conditioner, increasing the indoor humidity levels. In some cases it can also damage your AC unit’s components, so it’s important to get this resolved soon. Our technicians ensure to inspect all the condensate lines and drip pan, clear any clogs and also treat it with an anti-algae solution to prevent future clogs.
- Sensor Problems – The thermostat sensor of your AC unit essentially measures the temperature of the air coming in the room. The AC can start showing problems in its performance if the sensor is not in its actual place. Ideally the sensor should be beside the coil in a way that it doesn’t touch each other. Our technicians understand the positioning of the sensor and usually resolve the problem by maneuvering the wire that holds the sensor in place.
While evaluating the AC repair services cost, and how much you can anticipate the expense to be, it is important to understand what type of problem your AC might have. Before reaching out to any technician to fix your problem, it’s always best to understand the problem yourself the best you can.
This is helpful in many ways because you are more involved in the process. This also helps you save money, narrow down the problem, and avoid wasting the technicians’ time in finding a problem.
For us, it’s not about finding unnecessary problems. We get to the bottom of what needs to be fixed.
Cost of AC repair services in Toronto can be high, but because we like to work within your budget, in our consultants will give you a range of options on how to solve the issue at hand.
Call SmileHVAC AC repair services in Toronto, and we will ensure your trust and reliability. Our trained technicians consult you with solutions that match your requirements.
Partner with SmileHVAC for Your AC Repairs
Whether it is an AC installation or AC repair service you’re looking for, SmileHVAC has the answer for your needs. With our team of highly trusted and experienced technicians in Toronto and GTA, let us take care of your AC repair needs.
Remember, if you don’t need a replacement, we will never sell you one. Because we’re not after your money, but a long-term relationship.
Call us today at (+1) 437-777-4555, or contact us through our contact page, to book a consultation.