Smart HVAC: Pros and Cons
What is Smart HVAC?
Smart devices help users live better by providing convenience, routine, and peace of mind; Smart HVAC systems are no different. Reap the benefits of smart technology in your home heating and cooling systems to save on time and money.
Most people believe smart HVAC systems are purely high-tech thermostats that connect to a smartphone allowing users to program remotely or regulate usage inside or outside the home. While smart HVAC systems offer this convenience, they also do so much more. With a smart HVAC in your home, you can temperature control specific portions or rooms in your household that you want climate-controlled. This zoning technology is one of a kind that makes you wonder, maybe a smart cooling and heating system is exactly what your home needs.
How Can a Smart HVAC Improve the Life of a Homeowner?
Save Money on Energy Costs
Many homeowners are looking for ways to reduce spending on utility costs. One of the most effective ways to achieve that goal is to have a smart HVAC system installed in your home. The advanced technology ensures your heating or cooling systems are running only when needed and works to avoid unnecessary operations that can rack up excessive costs.
Average homeowners are looking at close to half of their power bills coming from cooling and heating in their homes. Unfortunately, most of the power homeowners are paying for is wasted. Leaky ducts or clogged air filters are two examples of wasted power that homeowners are paying for every day. Smart HVAC systems reduce waste. The older and more inefficient your current cooling and heating system is, the bigger savings you will see with a modern, advanced system in your home.
Convenience and Comfort
Smart HVAC systems give users the power to control which rooms in the household are heated or cooled, providing comfort to the average homeowner. Say goodbye to days of fighting over the thermostat with your significant other, you can have the best of both worlds in your home. Smart HVAC systems also give users the ability to control humidity levels and air quality inside the home. Smart systems that improve air quality can offer health benefits to homeowners with allergies or respiratory concerns.
Smart HVAC systems offer comfort and convenience. Homeowners with smart systems can program a cooling and heating schedule for the device. With a smart HVAC unit, homeowners have the luxury of programming the system remotely, from the convenience of their smartphone. This means no more coming home to a house that is too hot or too cold for your preference or worrying about whether you turned the unit off before leaving.
With a smart system, all you need to do is sync the thermostat to your smartphone and adjust the temperature as you desire, wherever you may be. It also means homeowners can save even more on costs by avoiding operating the HVAC system when no one is home.
What are the Pros and Cons of a Smart HVAC?
Still not sure if a smart HVAC system is right for you? Like everything, there are pros and cons to having a new system installed in your home. Make sure a smart HVAC meets your needs!
Smart HVAC Pros
- Smart Systems Adjust to Your Habits: Most smart heat and cooling systems will learn and adapt to a homeowner’s habits over time. For example, if you prefer to heat the bedroom each night before going to sleep, the thermostat will recognize this behavior and set an automated routine for your convenience.
- Smart Systems can Increase the Value of Your Home: Ultimately, improvements made to your home will increase the resale value of the property, which makes a smart HVAC system a great investment. A brand-new, energy-efficient, smart heating and cooling system has the potential to greatly increase the value of your home when it comes time to sell.
- Smart Systems are Environmentally Conscious: Cooling and heating systems consume mass amounts of energy that may come from potentially harmful sources that use carbon emissions such as coal. Installing a smart HVAC system will operate your cooling and heating system more efficiently to reduce the overall environmental impact of your home.
Smart HVAC Cons
- Return on Investment May Take A While: While the return on investment is substantial, it may take a while before you start seeing savings.
- Complex to Use at First: Smart heating and cooling systems may be complex to use for non-tech-savvy people. Smart thermostats also require users to continuously think about using the system, as it will not save on energy costs if you forget to regulate your usage.
- Cost: The cost of a smart HVAC system may be the biggest con to installing a new system in your home. Costs can be almost four times more than a traditional cooling and heating system and it may be difficult to install without the help of a professional technician.
Is a Smart HVAC Worth it?
So now that you know the ins and out of a smart HVAC system you may be wondering, is it worth the investment? With a smart HVAC unit, you can make the most out of the heating and cooling system in your home. Investing in an advanced smart system proves to be worthwhile to many homeowners by providing several benefits to a household, such as remote programming, temperature control throughout the house, and even improved health. Save on costs and gain on convenience and comfort with a smart HVAC in your home!